Tuesday, January 14, 2014

I almost died

In the past month or so i decided to go vegan , and stop eating meat cold turkey . I thought why not it will be a big change and plus it could do me more good then bad . I've done a lot a research , and thought well this has to be easy . And for the most part it was, I can't complain , I loaded up on tons of fruits and veggies, no cheese , or any dairy products. Honestly, I felt great , i can attest to even having more energy and never feeling lethargic.  AS time  kept passing by it was becoming more natural , without having any meat urges, like even from day one, I ended up getting grossed out by the menudo that my family was eating.

Here I am a day ago with the most dramatic outcome of my current lifestyle. (this has to be all my fault).

Yesterday , I 'd decided to do a half day fast . I hadn't eatin anything , and all i made myself was a green smoothie. A bit after that , a indulged in a bowl of fruit . SO my fast wasn't bare , it was just smoothies and fruit , no breads, pastas, rice or beans or nuts, just plain old fruit and veggies. Kind of like a raw diet in other words, but just half of the day . I drank almost four liters of water , and this was just in morning , so I was feeling good , nothing special . At about 2pm , I decided on eating a sandwich , with a side of Serrano chili pepper. Here I am eating this oh most tasty vegan sandwich  , it was all good , i finished it and well that was that .

I went on to sit down on my bed and research some online job business , since I am currently seeking employment . I was taking an evaluation for almost thirty minutes , when I get this tossing and turning feeling . My stomach was acting up so I rushed to the restroom, and then I get this extreme excruciating pain in the middle of my stomach underneath my breast bone . I felt like I had got the wind knocked out me , I couldn't take it , i started feeling dizzy , light headed and seeing blurry . I kept screaming my husbands name for some time , but he was resting for the afternoon shift . Here I am laying on the floor screaming "help, help", at that moment I wanted to puke my guts out , in which case I did for a long time. (sorry for being blunt) I felt this heavy faint feeling over take my body . My youngest one the opens the  door and says mom, mom , i looked up and told him to wake up daddy , and tell him to wake up . He storms out the restroom , and I could faintly here him dad, mom.  Here finally comes,  , asking me whats wrong ,and  if he calls the paramedics or would I want to go to kaiser.(i ended up not going anywhere) His words felt so far away , I couldn't even make out what he wanted us to do , until he screamed. I obviously couldn't even tolerate getting up. I felt as if my soul was being ripped out of me , I kept telling Alex, I felt like I'm dying ...And like that I passed out for a quick second .. or so that's what it felt like. I was there for almost two hours , the pain , the agony , I was so cold I could feel my body turning cold cold, I was freezing . After the time passed , I felt a tad bit  OK. At least for the time being .

Alex , takes off to work and here I am home by myself with my kids, thinking oh lord help me.  I walked to the kitchen  and turned on the oven and rested on it . The warmth of the oven felt like it wasn't doing nothing for me . I opened the oven and let the heat hit me , I was still freezing , and not feeling any help from the oven I turned it off and headed to my room .

 My kids and I fell asleep , next to me and that is all I remember. Here I am the next morning,
 with so much pain in my body , my head is throbbing and my muscles are achy.

I still don't know what that pain was or is , I'm guessing an ulcer. And ,if dying feels like that , I'm so afraid ...........

No comments:

Post a Comment

let me know what your thoughts are.